Kingston Mer-people

Hello all! There's another new set of paper doll stamps and dies with the Kingston Crafts line. I wanted to showcase that they can be used in a different manner. Once I flipped through the Kingston Crafts 12 x 12 Spring Paper Pad and saw the scale paper, I knew I was going to do something mer-related. 

After stamping and coloring my people with Caliart Alcohol Markers, I needed to get cutting. 

I know, people are probably wondering what in crazy lady world am I doing leaving the lower portion unstamped or uncolored. Trust me, I actually did have a plan here. 
To clarify on this hexagon pop up card, I love the series that Lori Whitlock has produced. However, after searching all of the options in the Silhouette Design Store, so I made my own version. The waves, mer-people, and sea creatures are all additions to the card base. 
After cutting my mer-people out, I decided to trim them even further so that they matched their fin better. I also detailed the solid cardstock with a little bit of the Pink Lemonade and Lime Green ink from the Kingston Crafts ink pads. 
I used the print and cut feature with my Silhouette Cameo 3 to cut out the Sea Creature Stickers file I purchased from the Silhouette Design Store. I used the knife tool in a wavy form to cut in waves to my insert pieces as well as the surrounding base cover to the whole card. 
The mermaids hair just screamed for a flower of some sort. I used a few pieces from the Kingston Crafts Chipboard Box to achieve this. 
The sequins that come in the Kingston Crafts embellishment kits do not necessarily need to be used for shaker pieces. 
I used the blue sequins with the Silhouette Pick Me Up tool and some liquid glue to adhere them to the front of my card. 
Even though the same concept is there for each card, I was able to make each one its own by not placing things in the exact same spot or using he exact sea animals in the exact spots. 

Final Project: 







Materials Used:

FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here

Comments

Popular Posts