Kingston Life in Full Bloom

Hello all! Let's talk about bees. For some reason, bees are a simple go to and easy design decision when making a quick card. It can be themed many different ways and I think that's why it's easy to use. 

For this slimline card, I used a mixture of Bazzill Cardstock with the Kingston Crafts paper pad. I designed this card in Silhouette Studios - Business edition with two files from the Design Store (listed below and I cannot share these files). 

I wanted my honeycomb to have a more rustic look. I grabbed the Sunny Day Ink pad from Kingston Crafts as well as a vintage photo Tim Holtz ink pad to lightly run over my honeycomb.

I ran all of my pieces through the Xyron Creative Station for adhesive. I prefer to assemble my pieces while they are still on the backing from the Creative Station. The honeycomb paper from Kingston Crafts makes the perfect backdrop to my larger combs. 
This card would have looked just fine without the shaker element, but I felt it was a waste of space when the Kingston Crafts Spring Shaker Shaker Card Embellishments set has such cute little sequins and flowers. 


I have this beehive stamp by DezinesByEm (for more information on this stamp and others, click HERE) that I colored using Caliart Alcohol Markers
Where there are flowers, there are bees so I always add some sort of floral arrangement to my bee projects. For these cards, I used flowers from I Am Roses and the Xyron Mini Hot Glue Pen

Final Project:

I felt the "Life in Full Bloom" stamp from the Kingston Crafts stamps and ink set was appropriate as bees are always in full bloom. 



Materials Used:

FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here

Comments

Popular Posts