Valentine's 3 Tiered Stand

 Hello all! Valentine's Day is upon us. Even though the stores have had V-day stuff in stock since pretty much the day after Christmas, I still couldn't find any decorations that I absolutely had to have to complete my 3 tiered stand for the holiday. So I took to Silhouette Studio - Designers Edition to make some quick decorations to help me out. I used Xyron tools to help with adhesion. After picking my projects, I used the Silhouette Cameo 3 and 4 to cut out my elements using the Kingston Crafts Love Collection paper pad

I got this cute little gnome for my birthday specifically for my stand. However, I felt his hands were a little empty. I decided a little heart banner would be perfect for this holiday. 

Using the Xyron Mini Hot Glue PenXyron Mini Hot Glue Sticks, some little paper hearts, and some Recollections twine I was able to achieve my goal. 
There was no real rhyme or reason to how I arranged the hearts, just whatever looked good worked for me. 
My husband asked me one day why I have a fork among my crafting tools. When I told him for fork bows, he thought I was crazy. Just like every day I suppose ;) 
Using the Xyron Mini Hot Glue Pen and Xyron Mini Hot Glue Sticks, I was able to get just a dab of hot glue where I needed it to adhere my bows. 

Next, I knew I wanted some sort of mailbox element. I grabbed this Lori Whitlock Mini Mailbox Treatholder file from the Silhouette Design Store
Since this was such a simple project, I used the Xyron Tape Runner and the Xyron X150 Sticker Maker to adhere all of my pieces together.
I cut out an extra pieces of solid red to highlight the mail wording on the red checkered KC Love paper. 
I like to use the Xyron X150 Sticker Maker for smaller projects to save on my adhesive tape. 
Using the Xyron Tape Runner gave me a little bit more control on applying adhesive to the back of my strips. 
And what's a mailbox without any mail?! 
I purchased this Love Letter Box Card by Tanya Batrak from the Silhouette Design Store.
Notice I decided to keep with a theme of using the same paper and twine mixed with little elements to finish out the projects. 
The Xyron Creative Stations are my go to adhesive tools for bigger projects. 
I used the the Xyron Mini Hot Glue Pen and Xyron Mini Hot Glue Sticks to adhere my Recollections twine. 
I also decided to use this little love charm that I've had floating around here forever. 

The final project I did was a simple wood block set. I simply painted some scrap wood with acrylic paint. 
I keep all my HTV scraps for little projects like this. 
A little bit of hot glue from the Xyron Mini Hot Glue Gun and Xyron Mini Hot Glue Sticks helped hold my blocks together. 
Stack them up. 
Wrap them with some Recollections twine and make a fork bow, attached with a dab of hot glue.  

Final Project:
Ironically, my husband and I don't do anything for this holiday as we've been together forever and a day. 






Materials Used:
                                 Off to the next project! Happy Crafting
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here

Comments

Popular Posts