Send a Friend a Card

Hello all! Happy send a friend a card day. I designed a special little coffee café pop up card in Silhouette Studio - Designers Edition, using several of my handy Xyron tools. 

After the design process, I used the Silhouette Cameo 3 and 4 to cut out my elements. Then I did some detailing with embossing folders and the Sizzix Big Shot. 
Before running my cuts through the Big Shot, I took some white ink and chalked the inside of my Darice embossing folder. I used the same technique for the outside brick work on the card.
For the inside of the card, I wanted there to be a shiplap look with a peeled back wallpaper feature. When I do things like this that need to have even spaces, I cut them mirrored on my mat. 
Then I add adhesive to the back of my cuts, in this case I went with the Xyron Tape Runner so I had control of where the adhesive would be. 
 
Once I had the adhesive applied, I flipped my backing paper over and pressed down on the white slats. 
Easy peasy for even spacing.
Next I printed off the sign for the my card with a laser printer. 
Using the Xyron Glaminator and Xyron Glaminator Transfer Foil, I was able to glam up my sign to be a red foiled pop of color. 
I did a print and cut job on the little details for in the café. I then used the Xyron X150 Sticker Maker to run my little pieces through for adhesion. 

This way I can control where my elements are going into the machine and not waste a bunch of running tape in the process. 

Next just because I felt like it, I decided the outside of my café needed a 3D floral element. With the Xyron Mini Hot Glue Pen, Xyron Mini Hot Glue Sticks and some paper flowers from I am Roses I was able to achieve that goal. 
The small tip on the Xyron Mini Hot Glue Pen makes it a breeze for these little jobs. 
Next I decided the inside of my card would not be complete without a barista. I found this adorable Barista digital stamp on Etsy by PolkaDoodles Digi. It's a very clear print, and easy to color. Once I colored the little barista with Caliart Alcohol Markers, I cut her out using the print and cut feature. Then I added some foliage to the top of my card and called it good!

Final Project:
It does lie down flat for shipping!
I designed the pop out portion to have little side windows to give it an overall small café experience. 



Materials Used:
                                 Off to the next project! Happy Crafting
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here

Comments

Popular Posts