This is Us Wood Block Books

Hello all! These random wood block books kept popping up on my Pinterest page. I happened to have some scrap wood lying around so I figured I'd try my hand at making a set for my shelves. 

After cutting, sanding, and painting my blocks white, I decided to distress them with some dry brushed gray paint.  

Next I designed my elements in Silhouette Studio, Business Edition. I then cut out each piece in black HTVRONT HTV (heat transfer vinyl) with my Silhouette Cameo 3.
Now I'm ready to assemble my pieces. I used the Xyron Mini Multi-stick Glue Gun and Xyron Mini Size Hot Glue Sticks to complete my project. 
I applied my HTV with the DoDoDum Mini heat press.

With the Xyron Mini Multi-stick Glue Gun and Xyron Mini Size Hot Glue Sticks, I applied hot glue between each block.
Next I glued my ribbon to the wood. 
This particular twine is tricky to keep straight where I want it so I added a drop of hot glue to glue it down. 
The final step was to add my foliage and roses from I Am Roses. 
Final Project:

Off to the next project! Happy Crafting
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here



Comments

Popular Posts