Chalkboard signs

Hello all! Around Christmas time, I found these four chalkboards at a local craft store. I'm not sure what my current obsession is with chalkboards, but it's here in full force! If I don't slow down on the signs, I'm gonna need more walls and shelves. 

I sat on these for awhile because I was unsure of which direction I wanted to go. Did I want to make them all match, all have different themes or meaning. In my spare time, I designed one at a time with whatever came to me. I used Silhouette Studio, Business Edition to design each one with fonts from the Silhouette Store. Then I cut the decals out with my Silhouette Cameo 3 in white HTVRONT HTV (heat transfer vinyl). I applied the HTV with my DoDoDum Mini heat press.  

The first one I designed is a 'home' sign with lyrics from a song that I love. I didn't like the smaller font on this so I went back to the drawing board (that's why there's missing parts), but I think the final result was worth it. 
This particular HTV comes with a weeding tool that is rather handy for these tiny pieces. 
Next I created this sign from the movie, Sweet Home Alabama. 
This right here is why I love to use HTV for my signs. I have a lot of small pieces to work with. Weeding took less than 5 minutes and applying it to my board was about 3 seconds per section. If this were permanent vinyl, it would be more time consuming and I probably wouldn't be able to get my pieces on the smaller scale. 
The 3rd sign I created is for our front door area. It's always been a rule to take shoes off in my house, but some like to really stretch that.     
A little hint when doing a sign like these. Since they have a flat platform, I cut my transfer material to an even cut so that I could just line the cut up with the flat platform, make sure the sides are even, and press away. Easy peasy. 

By the time I got to the 4th sign, I just picked a file I liked from the Silhouette Store. I think my creative brain was on a break. I added the 'coffee' and coffee cups to this file, but other than that I didn't do anything else to it. 

Final Projects: 

Sign #1 Fonts:
  • Amastery Font and Extras   
    • Design ID 243652
Sign # 2 Fonts:
  • Home: Graphite  
    • Design ID 304211
  • Shoulders: Sacred Bridge
    • Design ID 243685
  • Someone: Robaga Rounded Light
    • Design ID 292329
  • Take me home: RR Snowflake
    • Design ID 69779
  • Where I can go: Please Oneself
    • Design ID 302874
  • Butter and Garlic Bonus
    • Design ID 333726
Sign #3 Fonts:
  • Life: Madina Font  
    • Design ID 324504
  • Is Full of/the floors: LD Timely
    • Design ID 8743
  • Choices/Shoes: LW Eclectic
    • Design ID 175861
  • Banner: Octhovia Extras
    • Design ID 274723
  • Bubbles
    • Design ID 207455
  • Scrub Brush
    • Design ID 325375
Sign #4 Fonts:
  • You are my favorite hello
    • Design ID 341729
  • Coffee cups (Butter and Garlic Bonus)
    • Design 333726
  • Coffee font-who knows I don't remember!!!


Off to the next project! Happy Crafting
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here


Comments

Popular Posts