KC Christmas and Winter Stamps

 Hello all! I took a little break from crafting so that I could paint basically the entire first floor of our house, ceilings got a new texture and paint as well. What a project that was. I was super happy to get back to my desk to craft. 

What better way to craft than to start off with two new stamps sets from Kingston Crafts! 

The Happy Holidays and the Hello Winter 4x6 stamp sets can be found on the Kingston Crafts Shop and let me tell you, they are AWE-dorable! 

For card one, I really wanted to do a winter scene. As soon as I saw the little stars and matching Merry Christmas sentiment in the Happy Holidays set, I had to do a scene. 
If you are like me, I have lost the ability to hand cut over the years because I am so spoiled by my die cut machines. Now I'm going to let you in on a tiny little trick that I do. If you noticed on the cut up above, there is an outline for the truck welded onto my snow hill. How did I do that? Simple. 
Stamp your image on a white sheet of paper with black ink. Import the picture into your design area (I use Silhouette so import into Silhouette Studios). Proceed to use the trace and cut feature. Trace and downsize the traced image to the size of your stamp. I then put a little (0.20) space around the cut to allow me some wiggle room to stamp my little truck on there. I welded my little truck to my snow hill so it is one cohesive piece. 
Next I colored my truck with my Caliart Alcohol Markers
The final thing I did was emboss my sentiment, stars, and snowflakes onto my card. 
Card #1: 

For my second project, I did a slimline shaker card. Unfortunately my camera battery died so there are no assembly photos, but it is pretty straight forward. For this card, I used paper from the Kingston Crafts Love Collection, embellishment dots from the Kingston Crafts Love Collection Embellishment Bundle, and the adorable stamps from the Hello Winter set. 

Card #2: 
I heat embossed the snowflakes inside my shaker portion to see through the stars when it is shaken up. 

Project #3 was simple to make. First I grabbed my newest DCWV Dear Santa stack. I designed and cut out 6 tags with my Silhouette Cameo 3

Then I grabbed my Hello Winter stamp set and got to work. Even though the stamps are small, the Caliart Alcohol Markers did just fine reaching those little areas. 
Next I attached my sentiments to my tags by using the Xyron Teresa Collins Mega Runner
I decided to embellish my tags with some winter flowers from I am Roses and twine. In order to do that, I used my Xyron Hot Glue Gun Pen. If you don't have one of these new Hot Glue Pen, I HIGHLY recommend them! I was able to get the glue where I needed without burning my fingers off. 
Final Project #3: 


Off to the next project! Happy Crafting
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here


Comments

Popular Posts