I don't know Margot

Hello all! My husband's all time favorite Christmas movie is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. When I saw these two 'Why is the Carpet All Wet' and 'I Don't Know' phrases in the Silhouette Design Store, I had to grab them and figure out something to do with them.   

Fast forward a few days, we are walking through the store trying to find Christmas decorations to go on this new little table I got. We couldn't find any that we ABSOLUTELY needed to have so I decided I'll just make my own. I grabbed two of the chalkboard stands from the Dollar Tree, as well as two lanterns I purchased over the summer and got to work. 

After painting my chalkboards white, I grabbed my Oracal vinyl in red, gray, and green. I cut the phrases out with my Silhouette Cameo 3
When I made my first set of chalkboard sentiments, I used white HTV. I would actually recommend using HTV on this surface. It's not a true chalkboard, but rather the plastic kind. Even though this is permanent vinyl, it took a lot of finesse to get it off my transfer tape.  
Once I finally got the vinyl to adhere, I broke out my newest Xyron Mini Hot Glue Gun and a pack of the Xyron Mini Size Hot Glue Sticks. Last time I was at Joann's, I picked up the package of bells and ribbon on sale. I have a tub of greenery for projects like this. 
I absolutely love the tip on the Xyron Mini Hot Glue Gun. It heats up fast, stays upright when putting it on it's built in stand, and the Xyron Mini Size Hot Glue Sticks are a great quality. I also have the longer sticks from Xyron, but for this project I used the 4" sticks. 
I glued the back side of the ribbon before flipping it up and adhering it to the other backside to create a loop for my bells. 
Next I just threw the bells and greenery on my signs in hopes it looked somewhat decent.
Next I grabbed the larger Place & Time ribbon from Joann's, the Xyron Mini Multi-Stick Glue GunXyron Mini Size Hot Glue Sticks, more bells, and greenery to start my lantern project.
Let's stop and talk about the Xyron Mini Multi-Stick Glue Gun. It's like the Xyron Mini Hot Glue Gun, but this one allows you to load multiple sticks at once. If I remember correctly, I was able to load 3 Xyron Mini Size Hot Glue Sticks with a 4th one sticking out ready to join the party. 
Another thing I liked about this gun was that it has its own little drop guard so I didn't have to peel any oops drops off my craft mat. It also features the same tip as the Xyron Mini Hot Glue Gun. I found that these tips are easier to navigate and not get too much hot glue at once. 
Bows, yeah. Not my thing. I can do a fork bow like no one's business, but the larger bows, my nemesis. I watched tutorial after tutorial. It was comical how almost every single one started out with "I'm horrible at making bows". I feel ya sweety, I feel ya! 
So I used a combination of pipe cleaners and hot glue in hopes of making something that represents a bow. 
Final Project: 






TC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here

Comments

Popular Posts