Growth Charts

 Hello all! This is a project I started before I painted the upstairs walls and doors. This project was inspired simply because for years now, we've used the bathroom door as our measuring stick for our children. Since I was painting the doors, I couldn't bare to erase their measurements without a replacement in place. 

Hence, the growth chart! This was easy to make. I just needed time to finish up all my other open ended projects before finishing this one. 

To start with, I needed two 6ft planks of wood, sanded and stained.
I picked up a pack of wooden numbers from Joann's and some black spray paint from the hardware store.
Took about two coats to cover them well. 
After designing my details in Silhouette Studio, Business Edition, I cut out my design in black HTV with my Silhouette Cameo 4 . I used fonts Ocean Twelve (for Taisen's) and Cinderella with Klamber Satisfaction fonts (for Learic's) from the Silhouette Store. I used my DoDoDum EasyPress Mini Heat Press to adhere the vinyl to my wood. 
I absolutely love weeding vinyl, but I love weeding HTV even more. It's so simple. After I cut it with my machine, I plopped it onto a sticky mat to keep the backing in place while I weed. 
This was as far as I got before stopping all projects to paint the walls. 
Final Project: 

At the bottom of each growth chart, I chose a quote to put that pertains to each child. The font for the quotes is the same that I used for the top of their charts. 


Now I just need to mount them to the wall and transfer over their recorded heights which I will be doing in a white HTV. 

I really love this idea of having their charts moveable. That way if we move or even when they have children of their own they can compare and have the charts with them. 

Comments

Popular Posts