Gallery Wall

Hello all! This is my version of a gallery wall. We started to hang everything on Christmas Eve day, but building the pieces for my wall took longer than a day! I have been slowly making these pieces between my other projects. This wall has been in my mind since I bought the clock a year ago. I wanted to get the ceilings finished and walls painted first though.  

For each project, I used either white or black HTVRONT with my Silhouette Cameo 4. I designed the sign content in Silhouette Studio Business Edition.  

I then applied my HTV to the wood or chalkboard pieces with my DoDoDum Easy Press Mini Heat Press
Each of my wood pieces were purchased between several shops as blanks. I sanded each one down, painted the backgrounds, and stained or painted the frames. I even restored the window panel. That window came out of an old school and had many years worth of paint that had to be stripped off of it before I repainted/distressed it. 
I am a true believer in using HTV on wood. I was able to get each piece done quickly.
All of my fonts came from the Silhouette Design Store
Once I had my pieces gathered, I laid out brown paper we had left over from painting the house. I cut it to the length and width of my space. Then I laid each piece out to where it made the most sense. Next I ran a pencil around each piece, marked where the hangers were, and took a picture to reference the placement of each piece. I allotted 6 inches on each side of the wall, as well as from the top and the top of the couch so I had a little wiggle room. 
I then enrolled the help of my husband. Once we applied the paper to our space, we were able to pop screws into the appropriate places, rip the paper down, and place the pieces. All in all this process (once the paper was on the wall) took us about 10 minutes to do. 

For the lighter pieces like the three little signs below, I used the Command photo hanging strips. We got a pack of 32 from Costco for $15 and I'm questioning where have these things been my whole life?! They are super easy to work with, holds up to 16lbs, and allow me to have way less screw or nail holes in my freshly painted walls!
I am loving the black background with white HTV. I used some simple black acrylic paint and let it dry for about 2 day before adhering anything to it. The tin, white frame, greenery, and arrow came from Hobby Lobby. The tin and greenery match the larger 'No Matter What' sign I mad for our room earlier this year. These three little signs are my favorite. 

Just something fun with this style of sign, all of which I purchased at Joann's. 
These little signs also came as blanks from Joann's. I stained them to match the larger welcome sign above, as well as some floating shelves my husband made on the opposite wall.
This round was fun to make and sends a great message, as well as adding a quote from my husband's favorite children's author. 
For my scrabble tiles, I had a left over pallet in the garage. I cut each piece down to size, sanded, and stained them. I will admit this particular piece was the biggest pain for me. With each individual tile, I have them glued, stapled, pressed, and attached with wood glue to flat sticks on the back. The 'thankful' tin came from the Dollar Tree. 
This sign is my second favorite. Seems I am sticking to the the theme of song lyrics! 
The 16x20 canvas print mounted above the greatest love story sign is from Canvas People. I believe it cost me about $26 as they were running the only pay shipping and handling deal for that size. It was delivered really quick as well and I absolutely love it. 

On to my next project! Happy crafting. 

Comments

Popular Posts