Trunk of Wildflowers Box Card

Hello all! As I was going through folders upon folders of photos, I found this card that I made a few weeks ago and forgot to post. 

I have had this Trunk of Wildflowers Box Card file from SVG Cuts since it was released. When I set out to make this card, all I had was some blue cardstock from Bazzill. As I started planning it, I thought hmmm wish I had some coordinating blue gingham paper. *Lightbulb* Duh I do have some and as it turns out the blue gingham paper from the Kingston Crafts Patterned Paper Pack matched perfectly. 

I used my Caliart Alcohol markers to float in some color on the flowers and foliage. 
Next I ran my base pieces through the Xyron Creative Station
A little trick that I tend to do is keep the sheet that something like this is cut out of so I can use it as a guide when assembling my pieces so they come out even. 
Note how I was able to use the same sheet of paper I used for the chest sides, yet I was able to make the back different because of the two sided different sizes of patterns on one sheet of paper!
The only real modification I did to this file was instead of having the handles already cut into the front and sides, I made my handles pop by creating actual handles and deleting the inlay on the front and sides. 
I used Tim Holtz Long Fasteners to add a rustic element. I do advice putting those in first before adding the middle pieces. 
Final Project:

Keeping inline with using what I have, I used the Thinking of You stamp set from Kingston Crafts for the sentiment. 
Materials Used:

FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here

Comments

Popular Posts