Learic's Leprechaun Trap

Hello all! This year, my daughter (the original Sugar Bean) is in 1st grade. Her class was given the task of creating a leprechaun trap. She had to sit down and sketch out her plan (after I showed her some Pinterest ideas she was excited to do this). After she sketched her plan, I helped her make the hat base. We made a trip to Dollar General so she could pick out her own decorations. She then decorated the whole thing with the exception of the hot glue parts.
Sadly, due to the virus, her school has been shut down from 3/16/20-4/24/20. She was very sad that she worked so hard on this and didn't get to turn it in on Tuesday. I saved it as well as her original sketch plan so that she can show her class whenever school opens again. 

She needed something shiny to attract the Leprechaun so we decided on a river of glitter and gold with a shiny ladder to the top. In order to fit the pieces of the hat brim into my Xyron Creative Station, I split them in half.
After running them through once, I took the clear protective cover off and flipped the components over.
 As you can see, I ran them through a second time.
 This effectively added wall to wall adhesive on both sides of the cut.
Next came the glitter. Just for glitter control, I did this part for her.
Dust off the remaining glitter.
Here comes my Sugar Bean herself...
She wanted to be like mom and grabbed her Xyron Create a Sticker. This machine is similar to the Xyron Creative Station, but instead of it having a clear coat over your cut, it comes out without that extra piece.
Look at that concentration!
Not to mention the queen herself needed a crown and to kick me off my desk!
As you can see here, the pieces are coming out without the clear protective sleeve.
By using the Xyron Create a Sticker, I was able to minimize her glue messes! 

She decided to use some sparkle glue for her rainbow. You can see by the scissors, her original plan.

 Before she added the moss, you can see where the trap is!
Final Project: 





 Materials Used:

  • Paper
    • Bazzil
      • Carmel Apple
  • Die Cut Machine
    • Silhouette Cameo 4
    • Silhouette Studio-Designer Edition
    • Silhouette Design Store
      • Little Leprechaun 
        • Design ID 73894
      • Leprechaun Mini 3D Hat
        • Design ID 181288
      • Pot O' Gold Box
        • Design ID 40044
      • Wooden Sign
        • Design ID 211142
    • Adhesive
    FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

    Comments

    Popular Posts