National Unicorn Day

Say what? There's an actual National Unicorn Day?! I had no idea that this existed yesterday while making this card, but hey it turned out in my favor.

I started off with some Bazzill 'Coconut Swirl' Cardstock.
Using three sizes of Royal & Langnickel Crafter's Choice stencil brushes, I grabbed three blue inks (Memento Bahama Blue, Memento Paris Dusk, and Hero Arts Ombre Mermaid) and stenciled clouds onto my base sheet of paper. 
When doing this, I found using circular motions with the brush made for a nice cloud coverage.

Next I needed to attach the main cloud sentiment using the Xyron Mega Runner® .
Then I grabbed all my pieces for my unicorn and rainbow and ran them through the Xyron Creative Station Lite®. Sidenote, I found this little wire rack at the Dollar Store, figured it would be good to have both my Xyron Creative Station® and Xyron Creative Station Lite® easily accessible in one area.
I prefer to assemble my pieces while they are still on the backing paper after running them through my stations.
Final Project:
Fun fact: My husband asked why I wasn't doing traditional rainbow colors. Silly man. I told him you go develop some software and I won't tell you how to do it, and let me make pretty things and don't tell me how to do it ;)

When the pull tab is pulled, the rainbow moves and up pops the unicorn! 

Materials Used: 

  • Paper
    • Bazzill Basic Papers
      • Robin Egg
      • Coconut Swirl
      • Candy Hearts
      • Easter Grass
  • Die Cut Machine
    • Silhouette Cameo 3
    • Silhouette Studio-Designer Edition
    • Silhouette Design Store
      • August Font DUO Design ID 279229
      • Miss Kate Cuttables Unicorn Design ID 258239
  • Adhesive
  • Ink
    • Memento Bahama Blue, Memento Paris Dusk, and Hero Arts Ombre Mermaid
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts