Bookmark

I have been MIA for a bit. My smallish replica and I have had the flu and chest colds for almost 2 full weeks. So while I was down for the count, I had free time to read. Usually I read on my tablet, but I've been getting the inkling to pick up one of my books and get to reading. Which was the inspiration behind this project.

I usually just grab an extra sheet of paper or something to use as a bookmark. But I went all fancy this round!

I happened to have some of this gold foil paper and black cardstock sitting on my desk.
I decided to do a masquerade mask themed bookmark.
The foil paper is such a delicate paper, that glue would bubble up or warp the paper. This is where my Xyron Creative Station Lite® comes in to play.
After running my cuts through the machine, I run a flower roller around the edges to break any extra adhesive from my cut.
I decided at the last moment, because I'm great at doing that, to take the flourish from the mask and a quote from the Silhouette Design Store and redesign the bottom portion of my bookmark. Just simply because I can.
I added three brads to the bookmark to prevent the bookmark from slipping into the pages.
Final Project: 

 Different angles changes the gold foil. Love it!
Products Used: 
  • Die Cut Machine
    • Silhouette Cameo 3
    • Silhouette Studio-Designer Edition
  • Files Used
    • Silhouette Design Store
      • Design ID 64456
      • Design ID 65429
  • Adhesive
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts