Happy Mouse Birthday

It has been awhile since I have been able to participate in a challenge. With Christmas and everyday life, time has run away. However, I made time to enter this card into two different competitions.

First DCWV has switched things up this month and instead of doing a sketch, they've given creative freedom to anything using their product and a 'happy birthday' theme. Secondly, Die Cuttin' Divas has a glitter challenge out. They're calling my love language so I had to participate in both.

I needed to make a mouse themed birthday card for a family member. I wanted it to be bright, colorful, fun, and sparkly. I grabbed my Flower shop stack by DCWV to begin with. Then a 'Mouse Balloons' file from Miss Kate Cuttables.

I designed a quick card in Silhouette Studios.
I've always wanted to do a balloon card with the string spelling out happy birthday. No better time than the present to achieve that!
I decided to take the more hands on approach and heat emboss each mouse head with sparkly embossing powders.
Much to the husband's distress, I had glitter EVERYWHERE.

 Once each piece was embossed, I ran them through my Xyron Creative Station®
The Xyron Creative Station® is hands down my go to machine when I need adhesive on the backs of my cuts.
 I assemble my pieces while still on the white backing.
 Now I'm ready to add my face plate to the base card
I'm sure your wondering why I did so many mouse heads, scroll down to see! 

Finished Product: 

 The center of the card is a pop up of the heads coming out of a present.
I had some left over heads so I created a little decal for the back of the card as well.

Materials Used: 

  • Paper
    • DCWV
      • Flower Shop
  • Die Cut Machine
    • Silhouette Cameo 3
    • Silhouette Studio-Designer Edition
  • Miss Kate Cuttables
  • Adhesive
  • Extras
    • Darice Heating Tool
    • VersaMark Watermark Ink
    • Recollections Opaque Vintage Pink Sparkle embossing powder
    • Ranger Black Sparkle embossing powder
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts