Wishing you a Speedy Recovery

Recently a friend's young son had to have a surgical procedure done. I decided to make a quick card that plays off of their special attachment to the yellow VW Bug.
To start, I found the base card inspiration from DCWV Inc.'s scrap-a-holic monthly challenge sketch on their Facebook page.
I pulled out an old stack,the Lemon Flower Stack, that fit my color scheme well with yellows, grays, and blacks in it.
After cutting the bug out in some Grapefruit Bliss by Bazzill Basic Papers, I ran some distressed ink sloppily around the car edges.
Once everything was cut, it was time to assemble and detail.
I love to add some sort of movement to my cards usually. This 'Push Here' stamp set by Lawn Fawn is perfect for helping direct how my cards work.
I ran all of my main pieces through the Xyron Creative Station® for quick cohesive adhesion.
So, I have become so spoiled by DCWV's double sided stacks that when I pull out one of my old single sided stacks, I feel like I need to decorate the inside of the card now. So I simply ran my Xyron Mega Runner®  on two sheets of 5" x 7" cardstock and adhered them to the inside of the card.

Final Project: 

Lies flat for shipping






I used the 'pop up' function in Silhouette Studios to pop the bug out there when opened.



Materials Used: 

FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts