Dog Sympathy Cards

Everyone has at one point or another lost a pet that is close to them. I myself lost my sweet baby girl boxer, Seaka, coming up on two years in October. So when I see someone in the family or friend that has lost their loved fur friend, I take the time to extend a sympathy card. 

I tend to go lighter on detail with my sympathy cards, as I want the focus to be more on the message rather than the dazzle and flash of most of my cards. 

Card #1: 

This is a 4.5" x 4.5" card. I designed it in Silhouette Studios and cut it with the Silhouette Cameo 3.
Then assembled it using the Xyron Mega Runner® 
I cut a thin strip of the Bazzill Basics Coconut Swirl cardstock and ran the white sheet through my Sizzix Big Shot using a paw print embossing folder by Darice. The sentiment is sketched right on the front of the card using the Silhouette pen holder and a Sharpie Fine Ultra Fine Point black pen.

Final Project: 

The dog that passed away was named Sparkles. One thing I tend to do is bring in some sort of sublte personalization into my cards. For Sparkles, the paw prints and flourishes are cut in a sparkly black cardstock.

Card #2: 

This card is also 4.5" x 4.5"
After designing and cutting out the elements for this card, I ran the cardstock through the Sizzix Big Shot with the same paw print Darice embossing folder.
The 'for your loss' is inlaid into the 'Sorry' portion of the sentiment. If anyone wants to learn how to do this with Silhouette Studios, just let me know and I'll throw a photo step by step tutorial together!
The dog that passed, Grizzly, was a chocolate lab. He had a rough start to his life, but had the best care possible for the last few years of his life. He learned what grass, hikes, nature, and life of a dog was truly about, therefore he is captured within the heart. 

Materials Used: 

Card #1:
  • Paper
    • Bazill Basic Papers
      • Coconut Swirl 
      • Cherry Splash 
  • Die Cut Machine
  • Adhesive
  • Extras
    • Sizzix Big Shot
    • Darice paw print embossing folder
    • Sharpie Ultra Fine Point black pen
Card #2:
  • Paper
    • Bazill Basic Papers
      • Butter Mints
      • Milkshake
      • Cherry Splash 
  • Die Cut Machine
    • Silhouette Cameo 3
    • Silhouette Studio-Designer Edition
    • Silhouette Design Store
  • Adhesive
  • Extras
    • Sizzix Big Shot
    • Darice paw print embossing folder
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts