Chore Chart

Hello all! Today I am displaying a project I have had on my to do list and with school starting soon, now was the time to do it. A chore chart. I need just that little bit more of organization in our lives since both of our children will be in full time school this year!

To begin with, I picked up this plain white board from Costco for $20. I was super happy to see it was plain, so that I could customize it to what I needed it to be with some vinyl, Bazzill cardstock, Silhouette Studio~ Designer Edition and Silhouette Cameo 3, the Xyron Creative Station®Xyron Creative Station Lite®Xyron® 5” Creative Station™ Laminate/Magnet Refill cartridge, and the Xyron® 9” Creative Station™ Home Permanent Refill cartridge.

First I designed the layout that I wanted in Silhouette Studio. I used three chore chart files (listed below) from the Silhouette Design Store that I modified into what I needed for the tiny chore squares. 

Next I cut out each section using some vinyl I had lying around.
Weeding, my favorite part of vinyl!
Next I cleaned the board really well to make sure nothing would interrupt my vinyl application. 
There are three sections laid out here with transfer paper. The first section, the calendar, and the last section were all cut separately and then aligned before applying to the whiteboard. 

Next I decided to write instructions on the chore assigned for the child that can read using a simple pen and the pen holder attachment.
I then grabbed the Xyron® 5” Creative Station™ Laminate/Magnet Refill cartridge, and the Xyron® 9” Creative Station™ Home Permanent Refill cartridge as well as both the Xyron Creative Station® and the Xyron Creative Station Lite® to get to work. I could've used both cartridges in the Xyron Creative Station®, but decided to use both sizes because, well because I can . I decided not to use the Double-sided Laminate cartridge as the Laminate + Magnet cartridge would do everything I needed it to do, laminate and magnet it. 
I ran all of the chore squares through the Xyron Creative Station® with the Xyron® 9” Creative Station™ Home Permanent Refill cartridge.
Then adhered them to a gray background square.
Using the  Xyron® 5” Creative Station™ Laminate/Magnet Refill cartridge in the Xyron Creative Station Lite®, I was able to run all the squares through quickly.
This was my first time using the Xyron® 5” Creative Station™ Laminate/Magnet Refill cartridge. It cut down on so much time as it laminated the top layer and applied the magnetic backing all at once. 
I decided to cut around each square just using a pair of scissors so I wouldn't have to drag my big cutter out.
Final Project:  
So far, they are really excited about their chore chart. Ask next week and I am sure the newness will have worn off!
Since I keep a different calendar on my computer and phone for my own organization, I decided that they really just needed a Monday-Friday calendar for academics, but threw in a shared slot for Sat/Sun just incase they have anything happening on the weekend.

Materials Used: 

FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts