Breast Cancer

Almost a year ago, we lost our dog to cancer and then our favorite aunt to breast cancer. October is breast cancer awareness month. I was requested to make a card for a lady who's dear friend has recently been diagnosed. I was given the reigns to do what I would like and this brought out  the creativity in me. I had a vision of what I wanted and I am happy it turned out better than what I thought it would!

It took me a good day to make all of the blossoms. They all have three layers of petals and the centers are quilled, then dipped in a frosty light pink glitter. Before assembling the flowers, I inked them with white and pink ink to give them a little bit more detail.



The trunk of the tree is quilled in two different shades of brown. I like this look for dimension and something different. 

It took about a full days of work to quill the tree! 


After the blossoms were all assembled and dry, 

I attached them to the card base that I made. I wanted to have the swing "swing" when the card is opened so I designed a curved shaped card in cricut craft room. 


The finalized product is pretty awesome! 

The inside of the card







Comments

Popular Posts