Kingston Crafts Fairy Houses

Hello all! Welcome to the newest release of the Kingston Crafts line. Here is a set of fairy houses I made using Kingston Crafts products. The Fairyville SVG Bundle is from Dreaming Tree (Leo has a full video tutorial on how to make these houses) and was easy enough to make. I think I spent about 3 days from start to finish for these three houses. 

I really have to tell you that I LOVE this bright and fun set. I love the different embellishments, stamps, and the paper is awesome.

To start with, I decided to emboss the tiles of the roof to each house. For this one, I used the Color Theory Glass Slipper ink from Kingston Crafts. 
I applied the ink to my embossing folder BEFORE running it through the Sizzix Big Shot. 
The results highlight the embossed areas on the paper. 
Next I used the Kingston Crafts Lime Light ink to emboss the Strawberry Watermelon Fairy House. 

And for the bee house, I used a honeycomb embossing folder with a gray ink I had on hand. 

I decided to build a tree stand for the Strawberry Watermelon house. 
To reinforce it, I used the Xyron Mini Hot Glue Gun to adhere a wooden dowel into the middle. 

Next I ran all of my detail pieces through the Xyron Creative Station
I prefer using the Xyron Creative Station when working with vellum. The adhesive is strong enough to hold without warping the vellum. 
My other go to vellum tool is the Xyron Mega Runners. Since I was sandwiching the vellum between two cuts, I used the Xyron Mega Runner to help adhere so that I did not have adhesive on the see through portions of the cuts. 
As with all of the Kingston Crafts lines, this one has a chipboard box of springtime flowers. It even includes some glitter pieces like the light pink one pictured here. 
The plaid paper was definitely one of my favorite pieces from the paper stack. 
Next it was time to decorate after I assembled each house. For this I used paper flowers from I Am Roses and Xyron's Multi-stick Mini Hot Glue Gun.
Here are two more glitter examples out of the chipboard box. 
I decided to adhere little pearl accents to the middle of my flowers with a liquid strong hold glue (Gorilla glue, keep away from hair and skin) and the Silhouette Pick Me Up tool 
The final step was to adhere my insects to wire pieces. I did change what insect went to whichever house from Dreaming Trees suggested use. 

Final Projects: 

The Dragonfly Fairy House


The Strawberry Watermelon Fairy House. I know it's a strawberry, but the watermelon paper called to me. 
I used the Pink Lemonade ink from Kingston Crafts to detail around the door of this house. 

I think the bee house was my favorite of the group. 




Materials Used:

FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here

Comments

Popular Posts